Zakariya has approached the 1 year old mark Alhumdulillah and I have already started to potty train him. Did you know that everywhere else in the world, babies can be pottytrained by the age of 18 months! North America is just SO behind in comparison to the rest of the world. Remember we are still the only people who think birthing babies on our backs is normal! (tsk tsk, but lets not get into that!)
Has anyone tried training their babies or atleast trying to get them comfortable with the idea?
Here are some tips that have been working for us:
1) Make sure you have a UBER cool potty dance and song
2) Be prepared to make ppssssshing and grunting noises
3) Get a book about the potty- and let your little one read it while trying to go
4) Reward stickers and a reward chart
5) Be consistant- consider purchasing a travel potty; to use at grandmas or in the car!
6) Make anything poo-poo, potty, or bathroom related really fun and exciting
7) And if all else FAILS.... you could always listen to this for a good laugh:
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
5 things that made pregnancy hard
1) Morning sickness… or should I say all day and all night sickness.
2) Occasional swelling… or should I say swollen nose, swollen fingers, especially swollen ankles.
3) Growing show size… or should I say grown shoe WIDTH size.
4) Mood swings… or should I say lack of PMS.
5) Contractions… or should I say Labour.
What made your pregnancy difficult but worth it?