Friday, June 15, 2012

Fun Fridays!

Friday is here and I am excited for the weekend. We are hoping to get some fresh air and sunshine at the Royal Botanical Gardens.

We have really been taking advantage of being outdoors lately. This is the BEST recipe for a fulfilled child. My son sleeps better, has less energy to throw tantrums or hyper monkey jumping horseplay- that's what I call it,  has a huge appetite and is in love with Nature.  

Our home is filled with his "treasures" in all shapes, sizes and colors. We have a growing rock collection and a variety of branches and sticks. Best of all this has cost me nothing! You would be surprised how these simple things entertain your child for hours.

Last week, my extended family and I went to Webster Falls. We had a blast. Of course there was a series of different reactions to the hike. One of my cousins said her legs felt like rubber. The other said her entire body was sore. For the rest of us it was pretty refreshing. We were exhausted but when we hiked down to the falls it was like we were suddenly re-energized, Alhumdulillah!

Happy Friday and in the mean time, do not forget to sign up for my upcoming workshop here only 3 spots left!

Who wants to jump in?!

 Webster Falls- loved the sound of the water!

Zaki with my cousin Rayyan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...