Friday, July 15, 2011

Miswaak

Miswak a.k.a twig= the best teether yet!


Little guy has been teething for the last few months. A new tooth erupting every few weeks Mashallah. To ease his comfort he has been chowing on a miswaak.

Here is a fun article on the benefits of using a miswaak. To mention a few from the article:
  • it kills bacteria that cause gum disease, and kills bacteria in general much, much better than ordinary toothpastes and mints.
  • since its bristles are parallel to the brush rather than perpendicular, it cleans better between teeth.the miswaak extract aids in digestion, cures headaches, and has been suggested to improve memory.
  • decomposes better than plastic, since it’s a twig, and is therefore (obviously) more environmentally friendly.
Don't believe me? The health benefits have been proven by the World Health Organization.

There are also authentic hadith to support its importance in Islam.

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said, "The Prophet said, "It (i.e Siwak) is a purification for the mouth and it is a way of seeking Allah's pleasures."


Happy Friday from our family to yours. Please remember us in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. subhanAllah, i was thinking the same thing yesterday. I have a brand new one lying around and I was like this would be a great teether. InshaAllah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Miswaks a a great teether! both my kids teeth*ed* on miswaks and plus, its a sunnah!
    I know of someone who has used a special trees miswak and in a particular way to cure her thyroid. One other great benefit of Miswaking that my own cousin benefited from is, it helps in ridding cavities completely! Miswaking is great and addictive! I can't travel without one in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASA..is there any way to find out what kind of miswak that would be?? i have hypothyroid and would luv to dig up this info somehow..not having much luck with google, though..

      Delete
  3. The best miswaks are the once Habib bookstore sells. I live in saudi but I buy my miswak from him. I have yet to find a miswak as good as the one he sells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this as this is very benificial, mashallah.It made my wanting for the miswaak more and more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...