Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Healthy Kids & Lollipops
Moms and dads, here are the top five vitamins you want to include in your child’s diet to increase their memory, energy and immune system.
1) Omega 3 Fish Oil: Excellent for memory and boosting your child’s immune system.
2) Multivitamin: Giving your child a healthy balance of all vitamins and minerals to help balance the body’s basic functions.
3) Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D: Great for healthy bones, a strong immune system and a balanced nervous system.
4) Rice Protein Powder: Start the morning off with a scoop of rice protein to increase your child’s energy.
5) Probiotic: They help with maintaining a healthy digestive system, and increasing immune function.
(Courtesy: Dr. Elias Markou ND)
I just want to add, if we encourage our children to adapt these habits- taste at a young age it will be easier for them to develop them into a lifestyle. Sure, they will reject the idea the first few times, maybe even 50 times- but as the parent; we have to be creative and hide the vitamins in the brownies! Jerry Seinfield's wife has an ENTIRE book on this... so it IS possible!
It requires patience, time and effort from our end... Mother's- I think it we should expect little-no help from our husbands in this department... In fact, you can expect resistance from parents, in laws and husbands, family members and friends (who all have children eating junk and cannot stand the fact that you are even going to try for a sugar free, junk free kiddie diet-- so just be prepared and warned in advance for all hssing and pssing you will face.
People can say whatever they want to me... but one thing I have stood ground at is my super mama attitude with my baby-toddler diet... I know my hard work has paid off thus far and Alhumdulillah it shows in the cusine choices my little guy makes....
I just wanted to take this chance to tell everyone who resisted my Super Mama attitude... and everyone who told me my kid would love juice, coke and lolipops... and even tried to guilt me by saying things like "you did everything, now you will not let your kid do it".... I tried to give Zakariya a lolipop the other day and after a few licks, he threw it away.
How is that for SUPER MAMA!
This post qualifies- for official bragging super Mama Bragging RIGHTS!
What are some of your Super Mama moments?