Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All Those Years

While book shopping last week, I saw "Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul"... I remember the Chicken Soup series from wayyyy back when I was in highschool (specifically Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, I cant believe I was ever a teenager! SIGH!)

I did remember the books having several positive and uplifting stories in them, so I picked up a copy. I wanted to share a little bit with you... be prepare to melt your little hearts out.


All Those Years

My friend Debbie's two daughters were in high school when she experienced severe flu-like symptoms. Debbie visited her family doctor, who told her the flu bug had passed her by. Instead, she has been touched by the "love bug" and was now pregnant.

The birth of Tommy, a healthy, beautiful son, was an event for celebration, and as time went by, it seemed as though every day brought a new reason to celebrate the gift of Tommy's life. He was sweet, thoughtful, fun- loving and a joy to be around.

One day when Tommy was about five years old, he and Debbie were driving to the neighbourhood mall. As is the way with children, out of nowhere, Tommy asked, "Mom, how old were you when I was born?"

"Thirthy-six, Tommy. Why?" Debbie asked, wondering what his little mind was contemplating.

"What a shame!" Tommy responded.

"What do you mean?" Debbie inquired, more than a little puzzled. Looking at her with love-filled eyes, Tommy said, "Just think of all those years we didn't know each other."

Alice Collins



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...