When is the last time any of us actually did something nice for the other... not because we HAD too... but just out of sheer RANDOMNESS?!
I thought long and hard before actually preparing this post. This was mainly because I did not want anyone to get the wrong idea and think I was trying to show off... I will say it again, to renew my intention once again, as a practicing Muslim I strive to live my life while always seeking the pleasure of Allah (God) while that may not always be possible, it sure as heck will not stop me from trying!
Soooo now that we got the elephant out of the room, I have been super excited to share this with all of you. I hope to inspire you and your families, as I too was inspired by a fellow blogger. Please get creative with your ideas, there was a lot of acts I was not able to document but I tried to take as many pictures so I could share with you!
Please add to the list and share with the rest of us Inshallah! Cannot wait to see what some of the other creative Mama's come up with!
And so here it begins... 15 Random Acts of Kindness
1) We delivered home made cupcakes to Nurses Triage in the Emergency Department of Toronto General Hospital
2) Gifted a gift certificate for massage to a friend who is a very deserving Mommy
3) Offered to help an elderly person take her groceries to her car, she said her husband was coming (hey! its the thought the counts- right?)
4) Baked for some friends and then dropped off boxes full of cupcakes to their home
5) Dropped some treats off to our Building Management Office
6) Randomly surprised Hubby with fresh gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan blueberry pancakes with organic maple syrup (only the best for him!)
7) Found money, a lot of it... donated it to the Hospital (regardless of this project, I would have never kept it!)
8) Started a weekly Quran Class with my younger cousin
9) Hand wrote Jummah Mubarak notes and had Zakariya pass them out randomly at the Mosque
10) Dropped off/gave away Zaki's baby clothes
11) Gave my hairdresser a $20 tip and told her to treat herself to some lunch
13) We surprised my in laws at 10pm during the weekdays randomly to tell them I was missing them
14) Helped a woman who slipped on her back while getting out of her car- on ice. Waited with her until the paramedics came
15) This last one is my favorite =) Alhumdulillah (All praise be to Allah). I Doula'ed and helped deliver a healthy baby boy, say Mashallah please!