Friday, April 8, 2011

DIY Bookmarks

I love all things handmade because of the creativity and effort that goes behind it. I made these bookmarks for the Bazaar but you could do it as a project with your little ones. These would make for especially thoughtful and cute Eid gifts or just gifts in general.

Here is what you will need:

Pre-cut Bookmarks, readily available at Michael's craft stores.
Ribbon
A hole punch
Decorative stamps (optional)
Stamp ink (optional)
A decorative hole punch (optional)

Here is what it cost me; don't forget I made these to promote my business (I was willing to spend a few $):
Bookmarks: $3.99 for a pack of 50
Ribbon: $1.00 on clearance (I bought 2 styles)
A hole punch: $2.99
Decorative stamps $1.50 each ( I bought 2)
Stamp Ink: $1.50
Decorative hole punch : $1.49 on clearance, normally $14.99

Total: $14.97

You could skip some of the steps like the stamps and have your kids decorate with paints/markers. A cute idea would be to use alphabet stickers to personalize the book marks.

Click to enlarge

Do not forget to listen and recite Surah Kahf today. Please remember my family and I in your prayers today. Happy Friday from ours to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...